




Well, it is Sunday night and I am exhausted. I am finally back in Nantes after three long, but fun days in the FREEZING cold. I seriously think that this country does not know what heating is, and it doesn't help that it has been around 20 degrees every day since I arrived. So, they wisked us off on Thursday morning to TOURS in the Loire Valley. Friday and Saturday our days were: breakfast, chateau, three-course lunch, chateau, three-course dinner, free time, bed...and then again the same on Saturday! Only problem was that I wore: 5 pairs of socks, leggings, jeans, 2 turtlenecks, sweater, my sherpa fleece, regular fleece, ski jacket, hat, warm gloves, and yet my toes literally lost circulation and FROZE and I shivered the whole 3 days. It was cold...But, we did get to see 4 famous chateaus: Loches, Chenonceau, Blois, and Chambord. Apparently every Sunday night is "crepe night" with my host family, so we had crepes (with jam, butter, sugar, cinnamon, ect...) tonight. I am off to bed and start orientation to NANTES tomorrow for one week before classes starting on the 18th. A bientot!
No comments:
Post a Comment